Happy Winter Conference Season! We have been working tirelessly over the past several months to create an annual conference experience that you will both enjoy and find valuable to your professional development. Below, you will find some updates on the conference schedule, featured speakers, logistics, etc. Please visit the Conference Page for registration and lodging.
- The Conference-at-a-Glance is a wonderful way to justify to administrators and sources of funding that our conference is worth the expense of traveling to Lexington and spending the night with some awesome, super smart ELA professionals. We know that sometimes documentation is necessary ahead of time! So, here is the link. It continues to update as we receive changes. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n15RCz9PVXR-2TRpKYeCaLLnSmuhowNRjQ_efzIqK90/edit?usp=sharing
- The conference will begin promptly at 8:00 am on Friday, February 26, 2016 at the Embassy Suites Conference Center on Newtown Pike in Lexington, KY. Please plan to drive in the night before of early that morning so as not to miss the opening session speaker, Commissioner Stephen Pruitt. The information he has to share with us will be uplifting and practical, both of which we certainly appreciate!
- The conference will close at 1 pm on Saturday, February 27, 2016. This is after checkout from the hotel, but we will be raffling off signed copies of books by KY authors, gift cards, and other gifts, as well as coming back together to develop a plan for taking what we’ve learned over the course of the two day conference and enacting positive solutions to any number of critical issues we may be facing in KY schools. Please make plans to stay until 1 pm.
- Professional development certificates will be available at the conclusion of each session. They will not be given until then and will be customized to each session’s content, PGES alignment, and length. You will have the opportunity to attend 9 sessions at the conference, thus securing 9 hours of professional learning credit. The state does not issue EILA credit from the conference anymore, but we will provide those signed certificates that you can take back to your schools and districts.
- The Embassy Suites Conference Center offers a social event that is free to hotel guests with a room key. Please make plans to join us for complimentary refreshments before you head out (or stay in!) for dinner. The amazingly talented teacher, David Drennan, plans to offer us some performance art as well. This reception runs from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
- There are many awesome places to dine and shop around Lexington. If you would like more information on this, please check with the hotel concierge, or Google it up! I would suggest using UBER or a taxi service as well. 🙂
- There is plenty of complimentary parking for the conference at the Embassy Suites.
- Please look for an email invitation to our conference app, Sched, so that you can get it downloaded (if you wish) and have it ready to go for the conference. All paid attendees, presenters, exhibitors, and speakers will have access. All evaluations of sessions will be completed through this application.
- Please contact Kristie Hofelich Ennis @ email@example.com with any questions you may have!